Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mmm Smoothies

I'll admit it sometimes I am really bad about getting my daily veg and protein.  I love summer fruits but especially in winter months I just don't get near that 5 a day.  I also hate breakfast foods.  But all of these problems can be solved with awesome smoothies.  Right now I alternate between strawberry banana and orange pineapple.

For both I make frozen yogurt.  (I love my ice cream maker) I make a pineapple frozen yogurt for the pineapple one and vanilla frozen yogurt for the strawberry.  Frozen yogurt can be hard to find and expensive so this works great. You can use regular non frozen yogurt too but the smoothies will be thinner.  I freeze the bananas to balance it out.  Toss all the ingredients in a blender till smooth.


    Orange pineapple smoothie
    4-5 ice cubes
    Free
    1 banana (cut up)
    $0.16
    1/2c Frozen pineapple yogurt
    $0.26
    1/4c pineapple
    $0.25
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    $0.31
    Apx 1 c orange juice
    $0.75
    total
    $1.73

    pineapple frozen yogurt
    Crushed pinapple
    .89
    32oz yogurt
    .99
    3/4 c sugar
    .19
    total
    2.07
    1/2 c
    .26

      Strawberry banana smoothie
      4-5 ice cubes
      Free
      1 banana (cut up)
      $0.16
      1/2c vanilla frozen yogurt
      $ 0.15
      1/2 scoop protein powder
      $0.31
      1/4c Frozen strawberries
      $0.29
      Apz 1 c milk
      $0.19
      Total
      $1.10
     

Vanilla frozen yogurt
32oz vanilla yogurt
3/4 c sugar
mix together toss in ice cream maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment