Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fish Tacos



My husband's salsa only tacos.
I've been meaning to post this for a while.  I love fish tacos, they are a California thing and they are so delicious.  Here at Aldi they have these awesome packages of Tilapia in the freezer section for super cheap.  They are great because the fillets are individually sealed so you just pop them in water in the package and in just a few minutes they are defrosted and ready to go.

For my seasonings I used.

1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each pepper, chili powder, cumin and sugar
1/2 tsp each garlic and onion powder
Dash cayenne pepper

Mix all the dry ingredients together and them set the fish in it like a dry rub.  You may want to use more seasonings if you have more than a couple fillets.

Marinating fish.
Then pour in:
juice from 1 lime
2 tbsp OJ
1 tbsp pineapple juice
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp tequila (optional)

Let the fish marinate for at least 30 min to several hours.

Flaked fish.
Heat a skillet and place fish in, pour remaining marinade on top.  Flip when fish lighten in color around the edge.  Using a spatula gently flake apart the fish.

My tacos.
Heat flour tortillas and spoon fish in.  Top with salsa, and to be traditional cabbage and a crema (Mexican sour cream).  I didn't have cabbage so I used lettuce and some queso fresco.  I did top mine with a cilantro salad dressing that I mixed up. (recipe to follow)




No comments:

Post a Comment