Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pizza 1/26/2012

Tonight is pizza.  I first made pizza because I was way too broke and was totally craving pizza, but I had the stuff to make it in the fridge/pantry.  I have tried a bunch of different little things to make a better pie and I'm still working it out.



flour
2.5 cups
$0.18
Olive oil
2 tbsp
$0.16
yeast
1 package
$0.26
sugar
1tsp
< 1 cent
salt
1 tsp
< 1 cent
water
1 cup


total
$.60

Per pie
$.30

I top mine with sauce and a lot of cheese.  I use a bag of shredded mozzarella (3cups) $3.49 and a bag of blended Italian cheese (2 cups) $2.99 split evenly between the two pies.  I'm going to estimate the sauce at about $0.50.  Tonight I am topping with tomatoes and these Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles that are really tasty and low fat.  I don't know remember how much I paid, but its a small portion of the package.  I figure you get both pies for about $8.50 total.

I let the dough sit in the fridge for anywhere between a few hours and a day.  Then I let it come back to room temp before rolling it out.  After topping I let it sit for nearly an hour.  I make sure the oven is about as hot as it can get and I bake the pizza on a low rack.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment