Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Whole chicken 11/8/11

perdue.com 
Every time I buy a whole chicken I have lovely visions of a beautiful roast chicken straight out of the oven or even better off the grill, but I am cheap and grill-less so I boil the suckers most often instead.  It works out much better in the long run because instead of having, 'dinner and leftovers for sandwiches or whatever' I have pre-planned meals out of it.

My boiled chicken (not lovely)


Today's chicken weighed 4.52lbs and I paid 85¢/lb bringing the little bugger in at $3.84.  (The fact that this is the regular price at Aldi makes me so happy).  By boiling I created meat for 4.5 dinners and 1 lunch for the two of us.  That makes it roughly 70¢/meal or 35¢/person.  Plus nearly 16 cups of broth. Equivalent of about 9 cans of broth.  




ooo thrifty


Lunch: Chicken salad sandwiches (in the Tupperware)


Dinners: (freezer ready in labeled and dated Ziplocs)


Still wondering about that half? (in the metal bowl)


Super easy meal of orange chicken, orange shrimp and rice, using wok sauce from the store.  







No comments:

Post a Comment